How to conduct AOL mail setup on Mac?
AOL mail service is very easy to be used on any device through any router or modem connection; it can be easily used on a desktop, or on a laptop or one can also easily access AOL mail through an android phone, all that is needed is an internet connection and the login credentials of the AOL mail account that is to be accessed.
Access of the AOL account still comes secondary the first thing is the conduct of a set up of an AOL account, well that process can also be done easily through any device that has an internet connection. The device can be a desktop, laptop, or android phone.
But other than the desktop, laptop, and the android device the AOL mail is also well compatible with the Apple devices such as I phones and Mac, though on those devices also the process of AOL setup is very easy just like android here also the user can set up the AOL account on the device through the apple mail application. But some people do find it difficult to get through the process of setting up AOL mail on Mac devices as for people from non-technical backgrounds Apple devices have always been a bit tricky.
So, here the experts from AOL support uk will help the users with the proper understanding of setup procedure to be followed for using AOL mail on Mac. There are two ways through which the user can get this done and that are the POP configuration or the IMAP configuration. The user can choose either of the ones and can set the AOL mail account on Mac.
For conducting the set up through IMAP configuration the user should follow the below-given steps:
• The user should open “Apple Mail” and from the menu bar should choose “Mail “and further should choose “preferences.”
• After that, the user should click on “accounts tab.”
• Then under the list of accounts, the user needs to click on the “Add” icon.
• After that, the user should click the option “AOL” and should click “continue.”
• Then in the given text fields, the user should enter a name, Email address, and also password.
• After that, the user should click on the “sign-in” option.
• Then in the accounts list the newly created AOL mail account should be highlighted.
• After that, the user should click the “Mailbox behavior” tab.
• Also, in the sent pane “store sent messages on the server” should not be chosen.
• Then in the junk pane from the drop-down menu the user should click the option “quitting mail.”
• The account configuration window will then be closed further the user should click on “save.”
For conducting the set up through POP configuration the user should follow the below-given steps:
• From the menu, the user should choose “Mail” and “preferences.”
• The user should then click the “accounts tab.”
• Then under the accounts list the user should click on the + button.
• The user should then click “AOL “and after that should click “continue.”
• Then in the text fields that appear the user should enter the name, Email address, and password.
• “Automatically set up account” option should not be chosen, the user should click “continue.”
• The account type should be chosen as POP.
• Then in the incoming mail server, the user should enter “POP.AOL.com after that the user should click “continue.”
• Then in the description section, the user should enter “AOL.”
• The SMTP settings should be verified for the outgoing server also the authentication should be checked.
• Username and password should be entered.
• The user should further click the option “continue” and should click the option “Create.”
• Under the accounts tab, the newly created AOL account should be highlighted.
• The user should then choose the advanced tab.
• In the port field, the user should enter the number “100.”
• Then from the next two options that appear the user can choose any one as per preference.
• The accounts configuration window can then be closed.
If other than the procedure of AOL mail setup the user needs any other help with the workings of the mail service then for that the user can anytime connect with the experts at AOL help number UK