What to do if Facebook Account gets hacked?
Facebook has become one of the best social media platforms that are known for its excellent features and amazing theme that enhances the user’s experience. Facebook account sometimes gets hacked due to which your photos and videos might get hacked. Now, the question arises on how the Facebook account gets hacked and things to do if the Facebook account gets hacked. Before moving ahead with the procedure, first of all, let’s know how the Facebook account has been hacked.
The hackers might have gained access to your Facebook account in a number of ways. They could have guessed your password other details of Facebook account, or they might have set up a Wi-Fi hotspot at a cafe and stolen your credentials via a man-in-the-middle attack. There might be possibilities that you left your account logged in at a PC lab at your school or library, or hackers could be using your account from a stolen phone or tablet. Regardless of how they managed to gain your Facebook credentials and the best thing to do is move immediately to limit the amount of damage and then, try to safeguard any further hacks.
When you are not able to access your Facebook account then, you can still report a possible hack to the company and get help to recover your password.
• First of all, open Facebook’s Report Compromised Account page
• Now, click on My Account is Compromised option
• Then, enter the phone number or email address linked with your account and after that, click on Search
• After that, type your current password or an old one and then, click on Continue
• Now, choose one of the options from the list which indicate that why you think your account has been hacked and after that, click on Continue
Facebook lets you know that you need to change your password and confirm that current changes to your account come from you to keep your account safe and secureClick on Get Started and follow the on-screen prompts to secure and protect your account and change your password
Things to do when your account has been hacked:
1. Alert your friends
First of all, tell your friends that your account was hacked and warn them not to click on any links that might have come from your account during the time it was hacked and out of your control. Hackers who compromised your account might have posted on your friends’ pages or sent links in the comments or the private messages.
2. Delete Unknown Apps from your Account
Eliminate any Facebook apps that are installed on your account which you don’t identify. While you are at it then, delete apps which you no longer use. At some point, you might have granted the apps access to some of your personal detail/information.
• First of all, open the Facebook menu just by clicking on the arrow that appears in the top-right corner
• Now, click on Settings and click on Apps and Websites from the left panel
• Check the box that appears next to the Facebook apps which you want to remove and after that, click on Remove
• Now, click on Remove again on the confirmation prompt and you also have the opportunity to remove all posts, videos, and photos which the apps posted on your behalf
• If you click on View or edit on an app then, it shows the level of access it as to your account and the details Facebook shares with it
• Also on the Apps and Website page are additional tabs appears at the top where you can find expired apps (apps that has access at one time, but their permissions have since lapsed) and past apps
3. Prevention: Enable Two-Factor Authentication
Don’t wait for the next hack to take steps for improving your Facebook privacy and security. To prevent your account from being compromised again, Facebook strongly suggests enabling Facebook’s two-factor authentication.
Activating this feature needs an additional form of authentication beyond your password when anyone attempts to log in to your account. The second from the authentication can be a number code texted to your phone or code created by a separate authentication application on your phone, or a smart key entered into the USB drive of your computer.
When you have two-factor authorization in place, someone could have all access to your password, but unless they also have your second means of the authentication, they cannot get into your Facebook account
To enable two-factor authentication on your Facebook account
• Now, click on the down arrow appears in the upper-right corner of Facebook to access the menu
• Then, click on Settings and click on Security and Login appears in the left panel
• After that, click on Edit appears next to Use two-factor authentication
• Click on Get Started and choose either Text Message or Authentication App and after that, click on Next
• If you select Text Message, you will have to enter the code appears in the fields and if you select Authentication App then, start it on your phone and then, follow the instructions
In the end, click on Finish once you see the “Two-Factor Authentication is on” message on your screen
Apart from this, these are a few things which you have to keep in mind to keep your Facebook account safe and secure. Also, choose a strong password with a combination of letters, symbols, and numbers so that it cannot be guessed by anyone. Call on Facebook Helpline Number UK in case you need any help from the technicians. The teams are always there to help you in any manner they can.